Small Business Legal Services
If you are a new small business owner or an entrepreneur, you may wonder whether you actually need a business attorney. While there are a lot of online resources for business owners, there are many ways that a business attorney can help your small business run smoothly and avoid legal problems. A small business lawyer can help you with the following:
- Choosing a legal entity structure, such as a partnership, a limited liability company (LLC) or a corporation.
- Drafting or updating a partnership agreement, limited liability company (LLC) operating agreement, or shareholder agreement
- Drafting business plans, employment documents, and employee handbooks
- Documenting business meetings
- Drafting contracts for use with customers or clients
- Drafting a buy-sell agreement with partners
- Providing advice if former, current, or prospective employees bring lawsuits for discrimination in hiring, firing, or hostile work environment
- Providing advice if government entities file complaints or investigate your business for violation of any laws
- Negotiating the sale of your company or the acquisition of another company
- Serving as general counsel for your small business
To prevent unnecessary attorney fees at the start-up of your business or large costs after a lawsuit has been filed, you might consider a consulting arrangement with a business attorney. In such a case, the business owner does most of the research and preparation, and the business attorney provides legal review or guidance. The Boulder business attorney at Myers Law LLC can assist you with small business consulting services. It pays to contact a business attorney before you need one. Get ahead of the game by contacting Myers Law LLC, an experienced Boulder business attorney you can trust.
Get Small Business Legal Services
Call today for an initial case evaluation. We look forward to assisting you.